Sunday 21 August 2016

My top five favourite vehicles in GTA Online

Hello you, the name is Luca but you can call me Luca. So I've made it no secret that I enjoy GTA Online a lot, it is perhaps my favourite game right now for many reasons, a few of which I shall be covering in this post.
 
If any of you know me, you may know how much I am into my cars, and this was my main reason behind getting GTA. I had been watching YouTube gamers such as Vanoss and TheGamingLemon (The latter plays a major role later on) and having only ever played motorsport games like the Codemasters F1 titles and Gran Turismo, among many others throughout my life time. GTA was my first non motorsport centred game title.
 
It showed, I must admit. I was rubbish throughout the first few weeks, I was a complete and utter noob in the gun combat sequences during story mode. I persevered and after booting up my GTA Online character in February 2014 on the PlayStation 3, I have been continuing to enjoy it and get better ever since, having hit level 500 recently on my PlayStation 4.
 
So now onto the vehicles, and this is something I really like about GTA having now been playing it for nearly two and a half years. When on games like Gran Turismo, I preferred having the cars be bog standard due to contrast that would result between a standard let's say, Ferrari 458 Italia, and a fully modified one just makes it no different to a fully modified Mercedes SLS in terms of sound and driving. It makes them lose character when you fully modify a car on Gran Turismo.
 
On GTA, you can personalise a car or a motorcycle but the final result is still its own thing. I personally give a crap but since the cars in GTA are fictional, I am also not restricted in what I can make believable and also characterful in terms of the vehicles in the game, since none of them are real.
 
Before I begin, this list is purely a personal list along with a written out reason as to why I have a favourite vehicle. If there's one thing I can't stand, it is those baseless and soulless lists that aren't expanded upon or based on anything that is not facts, so I intend not to do that. Now ladies and gentlepersons, the moment you have all been waiting for, Luca from Red's One-Shot's top five favourite vehicles in GTA Online.
 
Oh and just so you know, all the images provided are my own and I took from my Snapmatic on my Rockstar Social Club page.
 
Anyway! First up, number five. It was released in July 2015 as part of the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update, at a cost of $695,000. This car if you haven't worked it out already, is the Invetero Coquette BlackFin.
 
Me with my BlackFin and in my 'Hoodini' outfit.
Based on the Chevrolet Corvette C1 from 1956-1957. Now as a rule I don't normally like Muscle cars and I have had quite the strange relationship with the BlackFin, having owned one multiple times and having hesitance towards how I felt about it.
 
During a period that I did not have the car, me and my friends did a VIP mission called 'Asset Recovery' in which we had to steal a Benefactor Stirling GT (Mercedes-Benz 300SL) and a BlackFin. One of my friends took the Stirling so I drove the BlackFin, and on my way to the drop off point, I fell in love with its sound, how light and maneuverable it was and yet even with that, it still felt a complimentary drivers car with how it flowed from corner to corner, and made you feel at reason for the way it drove.
 
Before March this year, the BlackFin was on the competitive end of the Muscle class cars in terms of race winning capabilities along with the Vapid Dominator (Ford Mustang), the Imponte Dukes (Dodge Charger) and an array of other impressive Muscle cars. Since March though, we have had a car completely dominate the Muscle class in the Declasse Sabre Turbo Custom (An amalgamation of many old muscle cars), an overpowered Lowrider car.
 
Even with the inclusion of the now quicker equivalent of the Dominator with the Pisswasser livery racecar version though, the BlackFin is still my favourite. Whilst the Sabre Turbo Custom can go whatever speed possible round a corner, it lacks character and almost feels robot like when you do, it does all the difficult bits for you in that sense.
 
On the other end of the spectrum, we have the Pisswasser Dominator which is a great car to drive, as it is the complete opposite of the Sabre Turbo Custom. The Pisswasser Dominator makes you do all the hard work, and it really flatters you when you drive it, though it is one difficult bugger. That's where the Coquette BlackFin comes in, which nails the fine line between easy to drive quickly yet still having a sense of flattery when you nail a corner, like you did the work and not the car.
 
My personal BlackFin has a red and white finish, and after being unsure of what wheels to have for so long, I fitted it with a set of whitewall tyres and gave it a red finish on the outer wheel rim, mimicking that of a set of tyres I believe were called 'Lowrider' that I unlocked in Rocket League. Every time I drive the BlackFin, I love to let off the throttle and hear its amazing engine crackle on the overrun, and along with pretty much the rest of my list, it sits in my main garage.
 
It is unfortunate that I can't use it to win Muscle races anymore, but driving it is a pleasure enough and that's why it sits at number five on my list.
 
Now onto number four. This was released in June 2015 as a part of the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 update and of course by being in the Supers class, it would end up being the most in-demand car in the game, but only for a month. At a cost of a small loan of $1,950,000 I give you, the Pegassi Osiris.
 
Me with my Osiris and in my 'Driver' outfit.
If you can't tell already, the Osiris is based on the Pagani Huayra. The Osiris is a very unique car to drive, it requiring a very precise and smooth style as if it would plead with you to be less Lewis Hamilton more Jenson Button.
 
It doesn't want you to throw it into corners, the Osiris is best suited to someone who can hold the car in a corner and take as much speed into a corner with as minimal input as possible. In that regard, it really suits me as a driver and before the most recent update 'Cunning Stunts' which added three completely over-powered cars (Progen Tyrus, Emperor ETR-1 and Annis RE-7B), the Osiris would always be one of my main picks for races with mountain roads and I won many races.
 
When I first got the car, I had a few nags about it. First of all, the Osiris in the game is a Pegassi and that was always something that annoyed me because a very similarly quick car called the Zentorno was also a Pegassi. This bugged me because the Osiris is based on a Pagani and the Zentorno is a Lamborghini, which despite the fact it is stated by GTA Wiki that Pegassi is an amalgamation of both manufacturers as well as motorcycle brands Ducati and Piaggio.
 
I always felt like the in-game brand Lampadati deserved to helm the Pagani imitations within GTA Online since it did not have any primary Italian manufacturer to use for car inspirations within the Supers class, as so far Lampadati have been responsible for in-game Maserati and Lancia cars. That will seemingly forever bug me, as I want to be able to speak about the Osiris and Zentorno as rivals yet somehow they're made by the same in-game manufacturer, but oh well!
 
When I bought my Osiris, I got it in yellow and it never sat well with me for a while as it resembled a car I'll mention later on in this list, but my friend George suggested I painted it white and I just fell in love with it. Having had this emotional roller coaster with the Osiris, it sits firmly on this list as another personal favourite of mine.
 
Onto number three, and a break from the performance vehicles. So this car made its debut in GTA Online in June 2016 with the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update (Always thought that title could have had some refinement but that's neither here nor there). It will cost you $900,000 to buy, it is a part of the Coupes class and this car came out of nowhere for me, when I had dismissed it at first in favour of its many counterparts in the update, only to see one and be amazed.
 
I am of course talking about, the Enus Windsor Drop.
 
Me with my Windsor Drop and in my 'Kingsman' outfit.
To provide some context, there had been a Windsor in GTA before the Drop version, when Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 was released. I had owned it for a while but one thing that always annoyed me was the fact that they did not give the Windsor what is commonly known as "Suicide Doors" which are doors that open backwards, just like the real life counterpart of the Windsor, which is a Rolls Royce Wraith.
 
When I saw the trailer for Finance and Felony, I was gawking over the Vapid FMJ (New Ford GT), the Pegassi Reaper (Lamborghini Huracán) and the Grotti Bestia GTS (Ferrari FF) plus with only the shot of the front of the Windsor Drop, I was not phased by it. I just saw it as a convertible version of the regular Windsor, with its two doors and ability to seat only two passengers. Then came the day of the update.
 
I was driving one of the three new cars I mentioned back to one of my apartments and I saw a Windsor Drop parked out on the street and much to my surprise, it had four doors and as a result, the ability to seat four people. For those of you who don't know much about cars, four door convertible cars are completely unheard of, at least there aren't any proper production cars on sale today that are like that. So to see the Windsor Drop be able to seat four people and have a folding roof, just amazed me and my friends are probably already sick of me now.
 
Not exaggerating, I'd offer my friends such as Charlie, Oscar and Ahmed a ride and drive them around like I was a chauffer and they were some kind of royalty, then again with the CEO and VIP features, it was never a long shot to insist on it. I would put the roof down with them in the back whilst we parade around Los Santos and Blaine County, looking for crates or fulfilling mission objectives.
 
I like the Windsor Drop so much, I have actually wrote a letter off to Rolls Royce asking them to create a real life equivalent of the Windsor Drop with its four doors and folding roof combination, I have had no response yet but I feel it is something they'd be interested to pursue. We have had many old four door convertible Rolls back in the early days, so I don't see why there can't be one nowadays.
 
My Windsor sits in my main garage as my primary vehicle to move around up to four players, and I have it in a white finish with a sandy brown soft top, an aluminium finish on the bonnet and boot, and wheels that closely resemble that of the Rolls Royce Phantom in real life. It is cemented in third place on my list, probably being the elephant in the room as the only non pure performance vehicle, but I have my reasons as I have just stated there.
 
Back to the usual group of high performance cars, and both of the following are cars that were in the game from the start and are from the same manufacturer. First up, a car that costs $195,000 to buy in the game and sits in the Sports class, the Grotti Carbonizzare.
 
Me with my Carbonizzare and in my 'Eggsy' outfit.
There are certainly cars that were quicker than the Carbonizzare when the game was first released, and even more that have been released later down the line, but the Carbonizzare for me has remained above them all for many reasons. Other than it actually being an amazing car to actually drive, it offers an experience that I won't ever have (Most likely) in real life.
 
One reason why I love GTA, it offers me a sense of living the high life. The endless possibilities that GTA provides as a sandbox game, the way you choose to live and play can have a proper emotional reaction to you as a player, and I have watched in both awe and jealousy of the people who are privileged enough to be able to house such amazing cars and live such a prestigious life.
 
The Carbonizzare for me, is a car that encompasses all the things that we aspire to achieve, as a grand touring ground coverer, a hard top foldaway roof convertible and a sports car that will encourage you to push harder and enjoy driving across some great roads. Every time I put the roof down when I drive close to the beach, I dream of what it may be like one day to live this sort of lifestyle, where I can put the roof down in the sun and drive a car like this.
 
For those of you who don't know, the Carbonizzare is based on the Ferrari California and this was for a very long time, my favourite in-real-life car, and for the same reasons, I loved the California because it was my look into the lifestyle of someone living the high life. The Carbonizzare for me, may be dismissed in the eyes of many players now as just a slow car, but I buy cars in GTA not only for speed, but for the experience of owning it and the pleasure of driving it.
 
Now the moment you have all been waiting for, Luca from Red's One-Shot's number one favourite vehicle in GTA Online. By now, I have already said it is a Grotti and it has been in the game since the start, so for any of you lot out there who said the Stinger or the Stinger GT.. you are incorrect.
 
Well I do own the Stinger GT, I love and own all the Grotti cars in GTA Online but this has been and always will be, my favourite car in the whole game. At the small price of $650,000 and a part of the Supers class, I give you the Grotti Cheetah.
 
Me with my Cheetah and in my 'Red' outfit.
This by the way, is the car I was referring to earlier in this list when I was talking about how I did feel right having my Osiris in yellow, and the Cheetah has broken the chain in terms of cars I have put on this list when it comes to colours. All of them have either been red, white or both, and the Cheetah is yellow.
 
My relationship with the Cheetah is one of pure coincidence. The Cheetah is based on the Ferrari Enzo, which was the car that got me into cars when I first saw it being driven by Jeremy Clarkson in his 2005 DVD 'Heaven and Hell'. Fast forward to around 2013, I saw a video by TheGamingLemon on GTA with a yellow Grotti Cheetah in which he dubbed it "The Lemon-mobile", and I was in absolute awe of it.
 
When I did get GTA eventually, I refused for the longest time to buy it because I wanted to be able to fully upgrade it once I did get it. When you start out in GTA, in order to upgrade cars you have to level up and win a certain amount of races and for some reason, I refused to buy the car until I would be able to fully upgrade it, no idea why.
 
But when I finally obtained my yellow Grotti Cheetah, it felt incredible. Driving this car is a very rapid experience yet not overwhelming, with it not being very powerful and having extremely responsive handling capabilities, you can just fling it into corners at unbelievable speeds.
 
The Cheetah is a joke to some people, with people dismissing it almost immediately, and when compared to its many counterparts, the Cheetah does seem to indeed lack behind performance wise but maybe it gets too much of a bad wrap. I was in total shock to find out that in the first year of GTA Online, the Cheetah was actually out sold by the Pegassi Vacca (Lamborghini Gallardo).
 
I mean if I remember correctly, the only three cars that out sold the Cheetah and the Vacca were the Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron), the Cheetah's sister car the Turismo R (Ferrari LaFerrari) and the Pegassi Zentorno (Lamborghini Veneno/Sesto Elemento). Those lot I get, since the Adder being based on the Veyron and also being available from the start meant a lot of people assumed it was the best car.
 
Then the Turismo R and Zentorno arrived in March and May 2014 as a part of the Business and High Life updates respectively, and they were the must haves since they were the new flavours of the month. But the Vacca? I did own one for a while but it was nothing special, it felt a bit wooden and I sold it not long afterwards.
 
The Cheetah no matter how much of a great car it actually is, it will always be dismissed in favour of chrome Adders with pink stripes, whitewall tyres with pink dollar sign rims, pink neon lights and tyre smoke, and a clown horn. I don't like to come across as a hipster - that being, counter culture thinking - but the fact that Cheetah cars are very rarely seen, I don't try and take pride in owning a Cheetah, it's more the idea I pity someone who doesn't see what I see about the Cheetah.
 
And that's the thing about anything! If someone came up to me and tried to talk about why they loved something that to me, seemed like nothing more than an inanimate object to me, and could make a great case, I'd be able to listen to them for quite a while.
 
That is what these things do. For me, cars elicit an emotional response and that's why we have favourites of most things in our life, that's what I am trying to say here. If any of you can make a case as to why you like whatever you do, it will always make for a great read, as I was inspired to do this list after one of my favourite YouTubers Broughy1322 did his top five favourite vehicles in GTA Online.
 
Over the past few weeks on Twitter, I have seen trends regarding people's Top Seven Favourites everything from YouTubers to movies. But because Twitter limits us to 140 characters and quantity outweighs quality, nobody could really go into depth as to why, so that's why I'm making a case for my favourite vehicles in GTA Online.
 
Because everything that we hold personally to us as a 'favourite', there has to be a reason. Why does the Coquette BlackFin, the Osiris, the Windsor Drop, the Carbonizzare and the Cheetah make up my list of favourite vehicles in GTA Online? None of them are the fastest in their class around a track, but I don't care because what to you are digital creations that really don't actually exist, are things that I hold dearly to me for the reasons I just stated.
 
You may very well love something I don't, but if you make a case for it, I'd be more than willing to listen. So if you have a blog or a YouTube channel or whatever you can use, I encourage you to not just list your favourite things one by one, but tell us why they are. Heck, even if nobody gives a crap to watch in the thousands, it may be very insightful and helpful for yourself and others in order to articulate a justification as to why they like something.
 
Alright! I hope you were entertained. If you want to stick around for more, you can follow me on Twitter @TheLucaFormat where I tweet out whenever I post, or you can subscribe via email if you're on the desktop version of the site.
 
Remember this everyone, if you do make your own version of this list, make sure you have something to say. Feel free to send me a link to your own list and I'll give it a read/watch whatever.
 
So I hope you all have a lovely day, and until we meet again.
 
Luca.

No comments:

Post a Comment